SoftAP does not change the ssid and password via sdkconfig.

Angorka

SoftAP does not change the ssid and password via sdkconfig.

Postby Angorka » Wed Sep 18, 2024 8:35 am

Hi!
I am mastering ESP-WROOM-32 at first everything was fine, but after some manipulations
(I will not determine exactly which ones now- I experimented with NVS, wifi_prov_mgr)
, my ssid and password stopped changing via sdkconfig.
I download a simple SoftAP- if I first clear the flash (esptool --chip esp 32 --port COM3 --baud 921600 erase_flash),
then I connect to ESP perfectly. But it is worth changing the ssid in the sdk config further, the connection does not occur until you clear the flash.
The same thing happens when changing the password.(however, when I change my password, I can connect to the access point using the old password).
The terminal displays the new ssid and password
(1125) wifi softAP: wifi_init_softap finished. SSID:32154 password:12345678 channel:1

It seems that after a successful connection, the ssid and password are written to NVS, but when changing the ssid and password, he does not bet them from sdkconfig,
but the old ones from NVS. Is there a flag somewhere?
Can you tell me where to look?
Many thanks in advance.
Last edited by Angorka on Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

nopnop2002

Re: SoftAP does not change the ssid and password via sdkconfig.

Postby nopnop2002 » Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:45 am

You can clear all NVS with the following command.

Code: Select all

idf.py erase-flash -p your_device

(ex)
idf.py erase-flash -p /dev/ttyUSB0
idf.py erase-flash -p /dev/ttyACM0

Angorka

Postby Angorka » Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:48 am

Good afternoon!
I'm mastering ESP-WROOM-32. at first everything was fine, but after some manipulations (I can't determine exactly which ones now - I experimented with NVS, wifi_prov_mgr)
, my ssid and password stopped changing via sdkconfig.
I download a simple SoftAP- if I first clear the flash (esptool --chip esp 32 --port COM3 --baud 921600 erase_flash),
then I connect to ESP perfectly. But it is worth changing the ssid in sdkconfig further, the connection does not occur until you clear the flash.
The same thing happens when changing the password.(however, when I change my password, I can connect to the access point using the old password).
The terminal displays the new ssid and password
(1125) wifi softAP: wifi_init_softap finished. SSID:32154 password:12345678 channel:1

It seems that after a successful connection, the ssid and password are written to NVS, but when changing the ssid and password, he does not bet them from sdkconfig,
but the old ones from NVS. Is there a flag somewhere?
Can you tell me where to look?

abuhanzala

Postby abuhanzala » Thu Sep 19, 2024 7:12 am

Thanks for the tip! Erasing NVS with idf.py erase-flash seems like a good solution. Do you know if this will affect any other stored settings, or just the Wi-Fi credentials?

Angorka

Postby Angorka » Thu Sep 19, 2024 7:37 am

Thanks for the advice! But I thought that cleaning NVS with idf.ру erase-flash is identical to cleaning with estool ( idf.ру calls esptool anyway). I have already carried out such cleaning (yes, after cleaning the nvs, the connection is established with the specified sidd and password, however, it is worth changing the sidd in sdconfig and there is no connection again). So far, I've solved this by disabling config_esp32_wifi_nvs_enabled.

nopnop2002

Postby nopnop2002 » Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:48 am

All setting will be deleted.

Your ESP32 will be in the factory condition.