[Solved] Where to find the -IdfId of different esp-idf versions (used by the Initialize-Idf.ps1 script)

oldndumb

[Solved] Where to find the -IdfId of different esp-idf versions (used by the Initialize-Idf.ps1 script)

Postby oldndumb » Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:02 am

After updating to esp-idf v4.4.6 it seems something broke. Now I'm looking for a way to create another powershell shortcut on my desktop for the old 4.4.4 version. But it seems to do so I need to know the -IdfId... How and where can I find this?
I could reinstall 4.4.4 again but I think I applied some patches so I'd prefer to use the old install and just create a new powershell shortcut.
Last edited by oldndumb on Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

oldndumb

Re: Where to find the -IdfId of different esp-idf versions (used by the Initialize-Idf.ps1 script)

Postby oldndumb » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:30 pm

Solved my issues for now by rerunning the esp-idf-tools-setup 'using existing ESP-IDF directory' with my old 4.4.4 install.
Still would like to know where to find the IdfId to understand how I could setup and use Inialize-Idf.ps1 shortcuts to multiple idf versions myself though, without running the esp-idf-tools-setup each time, as this could come in handy in the future.

MicroController

Re: Where to find the -IdfId of different esp-idf versions (used by the Initialize-Idf.ps1 script)

Postby MicroController » Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:19 am

Looks like the IDs can be found in esp_idf.json in the IDF's root directory.

oldndumb

Postby oldndumb » Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:34 am

MicroController wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:19 am
Looks like the IDs can be found in esp_idf.json in the IDF's root directory.
Thank you! Overlooked that. Did check the idf-env.json but not the esp_idf.json for some reason.