There is an error during ESP32-IDF installation process

tankist

There is an error during ESP32-IDF installation process

Postby tankist » Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:38 am

I tried to install ESP32-IDF v4.4 + Espressif IDE 2.4.0 by the link https://dl.espressif.com/dl/esp-idf/?idf=4.4 but I always get the error in the end of the process:

Downloading riscv32-esp-elf-gcc8_4_0-esp-2021r2-patch2-win64.zip to <my_path>
WARNING: Download failure <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1125)>
WARNING: Failed to download https://github.com/espressif/crosstool- ... -win64.zip to <my_path>
WARNING: Download failure <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1125)>
WARNING: Failed to download https://github.com/espressif/crosstool- ... -win64.zip to <my_path>
ERROR: Failed to download, and retry count has expired
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Espressif\frameworks\esp-idf-v4.4\\tools\idf_tools.py", line 1828, in <module>
main(sys.argv[1:])
File "C:\Espressif\frameworks\esp-idf-v4.4\\tools\idf_tools.py", line 1824, in main
action_func(args)
File "C:\Espressif\frameworks\esp-idf-v4.4\\tools\idf_tools.py", line 1467, in action_install
tool_obj.download(tool_version)
File "C:\Espressif\frameworks\esp-idf-v4.4\\tools\idf_tools.py", line 720, in download
raise DownloadError()
__main__.DownloadError

I used several OS and PCs but result is the same. What is the problem?

ESP_Sprite

Re: There is an error during ESP32-IDF installation process

Postby ESP_Sprite » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:27 am

Possibly an internet connection issue? Do the URLs mentioned load in a webbrowser?

ESP_Roland

Postby ESP_Roland » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:37 am

Please use the offline installer as a workaround.

tankist

Postby tankist » Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:30 am

It seems I explained the problem not as clear as I exprected. The installator is exactry OFFLINE. I'm sure the internet connection is fine because I easily can download this resources manually by typing address in web brouser.

ESP_Roland

Postby ESP_Roland » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:04 am

Maybe this is another, unrelated issue, but the offline installer shouldn't download anything, so there should be no SSL certificate error.

Please note that modern web browsers use they own set of certificates. These certificates are kept up to date when you install a new version.

The operating system has a different set of certificates. You have to update these manually. This is the root cause of your issue.

tankist

Postby tankist » Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:44 pm

You should understand, the text that I quoted is an error from the official installation log. And I see it really tries to download something.
Actually despite the error I use the IDE. I downloaded tools directly from IDE. And due the error there is no shortcuts in OS so I launch IDE from "tools" directory manually.
I hope if the delevopers check this issue and fix it (if it's neccesary) that will be awesome.