A USB DFU support in ESP32S3 using Zephyr

ankit.chauhan

A USB DFU support in ESP32S3 using Zephyr

Postby ankit.chauhan » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:46 am

I do have custom hardware that has Nordic nRF and ESP32S3 both are running on a Zephyr Application. Both chips share a common USB type C connected to the console, shell, and USB DFU via a USB hub.

For firmware updates in Nordic nRF, I am using the ACM port to perform USB DFU using mcu-manager utility and MCU boot running on Zephyr.

I am looking for a similar solution for ESP32. I have a code that can generate an ACM port currently using Zephyr. I have generated a bootloader image using the below command that can generate zephyr.bin in build/mcuboot/zephyr/ directory.
west build -p auto -b esp32s3_devkitm --sysbuild app/

The generated image follows the configuration mentioned in the espressif port bootloader.conf of mcuboot/boot/. Now I need to generate a separate mcuboot.conf that has my common encryption and new .pem file specific for ESP code. I have created and tested the new config file but it did not generate any changes in binary.

If there is any reference or a sample code that can explain the procedure of USB DFU in ESP32S3 I would be grateful.

Regards.
Ankit

liaifat85

Re: A USB DFU support in ESP32S3 using Zephyr

Postby liaifat85 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:46 pm

You think you need to consult the Zephyr documentation: https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/index.html