ESP32-C3 Wi-Fi/Bluetooth hardware documentation

cmuncey

ESP32-C3 Wi-Fi/Bluetooth hardware documentation

Postby cmuncey » Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:54 pm

I've been reading the esp32-c3 technical reference manual and writing my own drivers for the various peripherals in assembly (for fun, I know the IDF exists), but I can't find anything specifically about wifi and bluetooth hardware in there other than mentions of them in other chapters, like the enabling them for the RNG to have a bit better entropy. The RMT and Analog Signal Processing chapters seems close, but they don't mention wifi or bluetooth specifically so I'm not sure if that's their intended purpose. I know the technical reference manual is still preliminary, but I can't find it in other manuals either, like the normal esp32, or the s3.

I have never worked with wifi or bluetooth this low level before either, so it's possible I'm just misinterpreting what's there. Are these modules described anywhere? I would like to avoid trying to read the IDF code to understand how they work because it's a bit complicated. If I have to wait for the chapters to be added, that's fine, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

ESP_Sprite

Re: ESP32-C3 Wi-Fi/Bluetooth hardware documentation

Postby ESP_Sprite » Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:11 am

WiFi and Bluetooth don't have public documentation, sorry. You'd also not have much success reading the ESP-IDF code, as the drivers are closed source. The drivers are fairly portable, so you could integrate them into your own firmware if you provide RTOS-like API calls.

cmuncey

Re: ESP32-C3 Wi-Fi/Bluetooth hardware documentation

Postby cmuncey » Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:50 am

Aww, that's unfortunate. Thank you for the response though, I appreciate it. I can try using the existing drivers. Are those binaries in the idf? I haven't really used it much, I'm not sure where they would be.