Move TX/RX to GPIO21/20

GoodCoffee

Move TX/RX to GPIO21/20

Postby GoodCoffee » Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:53 pm

Hi,

I'm working on a ESP32-C3-DevKitM-1 board.
I downloaded and installed the esp-at software from the Espressif repository.
Build the software, flashed it to the board and it works fine with TX on GPIO7 and RX on GPIO6.
AT-commands can be given over this link and the module responses as expected.

On my own PCB design I attached the TX and RX of the microcontroller to the (pins 30/31) of the EPS32-C3-MINI-1 chip.
In order to test this on the devkit I'm trying to let the Espressif software use GPIO21 and GPIO20 for TX and RX, because I think this is the same.

I followed the tutorial on https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esp ... t_pin.html
Menuconfig doesn't give me the 'UART xX ON GPIO#' choices so I can't change those.
But I edited the factory_param_data_csv file and changed the values 7 and 6 into 21 and 20.

I can build and upload the new firmware but unfortunately I can't enter the AT command via the pins GPIO21/20 (and also not more via the pins 7/6 so something has changed).

I tried many options but I can't get it working from GPIO21/20.

I guess it is because menuconfig doesn't offer me the choices that are described on the Espressif website.

Has somebody a hint what is wrong???

Thanks in advance!

esp-at

Re: Move TX/RX to GPIO21/20

Postby esp-at » Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:59 am

Hello, have you changed the `uart_port` parameter to 0 in `factory_param_data.csv` file.
If no, please try. (because GPIO21 and GPIO20 is the default UART0, you cannot use same gpios as the different UART).
if yes, please test with my attachment `target-01.zip` (download from 0x0, it works well on my side) to see if this works.

~
Attachments
target-01.zip
(859.97 KiB) Downloaded 230 times