Mobile app UI Issues

mottibz

Mobile app UI Issues

Postby mottibz » Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:32 am

Hello,
I am using a Samsung A73 phone (Android). Rainmaker App Version 2.11.3 - e600aa8.
I added 33 controlled devices to Rainmaker. They appear in the main UI screen. A few issues:
1. Sometime, when I try to scroll, the UI is stuck and does not scroll
2. I tried to define groups so that the UI will look cleaner. When I choose to manage groups, create a group, and try to add devices to the group, I get a display of all available devices and also an option to choose all of them (a small squared radio button in the upper right). When I click one of the devices in order to add it, the button changes color and shows that I selected it but nothing happens (the device is not added to the group). The only option that works is to add all defined devices which is not what this is intended for
3. If I delete a group, it still shows up in the UI (groups list in the upper part of the main screen). Only option to get rid of it is to exit the app, clear phone's apps memory, and relaunch the app
Please help!
Best regards, Motti

ESP_Piyush

Re: Mobile app UI Issues

Postby ESP_Piyush » Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:09 pm

These issues are being looked into by the phone apps team. Thanks for reporting and sorry for the inconvenience.

mottibz

Postby mottibz » Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:42 pm

Thanks Piyush for pushing this!
It is very important that these are being handled (or maybe I am doing something wrong).
Best regards!

mottibz

Postby mottibz » Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:53 pm

Hello, Any update with these issues? These hinder the use of the mobile app. Will highly appreciate a resolution. Thanks a lot!

ESP_Piyush

Postby ESP_Piyush » Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:34 am

Issue 3 is a regression, but the other 2 could not be reproduced by our team. Can you let us know your Phone make and model, Android version, RainMaker app version and preferably a screen recording of the issue?

mottibz

Postby mottibz » Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:57 am

Hi Piyush,

I am using a Samsung A73 5G, Model: SM-A736B/DS
Android 13, security patch level: August 1, 2023
One UI 5.1

Regarding the issues:

Scroll issue:
1. Add 30 devices to Rainmaker (you must setup a large number of controlled devices so that they take a few screens areas)
2. Go to the main screen and try to scroll the buttons up and down. It sometimes work, but most of the time it will either do nothing or show the moving round circle signaling that it is updating the setup

Grouping issue:
1. Define a new group (e.g. Kitchen)
2. Go to Manage Groups
3 Select Kitchen
4. Select Add Devices
5. You get a screen presneting all buttons and an option on the upper-right to Select All
6. Select All works fine
7. Selecting individual buttons does not work. If I click a button in order to add it to the group, it is shown as clicked (short background change), but nothing happens. I also tried a long click but same problem

Best regards,
Motti

mottibz

Postby mottibz » Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:10 pm

My Rainmaker App Version:
2.11.3 - e600aa8