ESP IDE 2.12 and undersolved include issue

FlashBack

ESP IDE 2.12 and undersolved include issue

Postby FlashBack » Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:40 am

Hi,

I know issue is dreaded but can't find proper solution for my situation:
After cleaning project and rebuilding mostly indexer start to work, but once IDE is closed then reopened - all issues are back.
Tried different indexer settings, makes only worse. Change to 3.0 is not an option as I am getting lot of compile issues and for big and mature project it's much better to deal with indexer (or live without it) than do full porting. I had 2.6 IDE before and it has much less issues on indexer, but looks older versions are not available for download, all links look to be broken.
Hope for collective mind!

ESP_kondalkolipaka

Re: ESP IDE 2.12 and undersolved include issue

Postby ESP_kondalkolipaka » Thu Jun 13, 2024 12:42 pm

Hello,

You can download ESP-IDF Eclipse Plugin v2.12.1 from here https://github.com/espressif/idf-eclips ... ag/v2.12.1 which is with the old CDT indexer.

Do let us know what challenges you're having with the 3.0.0 so that we can analyze and come with fixes. If possible, provide us the sampe project to try out. ESP-IDF Eclipse Plugin 3.0.0 has come with the clangd based indexer which supports latest c/c++ language features.

Thanks.

FlashBack

Postby FlashBack » Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:17 pm

Hi,

Thanks for reply. I tried very simple thing:
1. Fresh install of version you provided
2. Created empty workspace
3. Created project from example "Blink"
4. Build. All good, indexer is working perfectly fine.
5. Close IDE. Reopen - issue is there, includes show unresolved (before closing it was fine).
6. Tried index rebuild, no result.

In this version one solution is working for me though, if I enable indexing all headers, unused and open in editor - then it looks to be working. Bit slow, but acceptable. I will try to play with my projects and see. So far so good, will keep updated if that will change.

Thanks a lot!

FlashBack

Postby FlashBack » Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:26 pm

I tried version you shared and it looks like working initially, but then start to act same.
So, after build index works perfect. If I close and open IDE - unresolved includes are there again.
If I change settings to index all variants and so on - it may start to work (not always) but gets back after closing IDE.
What I can observe, before issue happens indexer start to work faster, guess it's skipping some files for no reason.
That was not happening in 2.6-2.9 versions btw, with same project (and examples too) indexer works perfectly fine there, but there are other issues..

ESP_kondalkolipaka

Postby ESP_kondalkolipaka » Sun Jun 23, 2024 4:14 pm

Hello,
Change to 3.0 is not an option as I am getting lot of compile issues and for big and mature project it's much better to deal with indexer (or live without it) than do full porting
Could you share an sample project which we could try to reproduce the compiler error you're having with the 3.0.0 release, we could see what went wrong and come up some solution?