Disable automatic creation of [project_home]/esp_idf_components/ in Eclipse/ESP-IDF?

laczik

Disable automatic creation of [project_home]/esp_idf_components/ in Eclipse/ESP-IDF?

Postby laczik » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:18 pm

When building from Eclipse/ESP-IDF a new directory, [project_home]/esp_idf_components/, is created automatically in the project home directory, and all the ESP-IDF component source files are copied to it. I suspect this is to do with 'IDF Component Manager'... If I remove the [project_home]/esp_idf_components/ directory, it gets re-created during the next build.

How do I disable this behaviour? I would rather control my project's source tree myself.

If building in a terminal using idf.py the above does not happen. So the above seems to be done by Eclipse/ESP-IDF.

I am using Eclipse C/C++ 2022.6, ESP-IDF plugin 2.6 and esp-idf-v4.4.2.

ESP_bignacio

Re: Disable automatic creation of [project_home]/esp_idf_components/ in Eclipse/ESP-IDF?

Postby ESP_bignacio » Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:45 am

You can disable the IDF component manager with the idf.enableIdfComponentManager setting in Visual Studio Code as defined in settings documentation

ESP_kondalkolipaka

Re: Disable automatic creation of [project_home]/esp_idf_components/ in Eclipse/ESP-IDF?

Postby ESP_kondalkolipaka » Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:40 am

Hello,

esp_idf_components folder is introduced with the v2.4.0 release to achieve source code navigation in the code editors. This has only virtual links to the actual files so ideally it shouldn't cause any problems.

However, if you would like to disable this behavior you can set -Dskip.idf.components=true VM argument in the eclipse.ini(espressif-ide.ini in case of Espressif-IDE)

Check more details on this here https://github.com/espressif/idf-eclips ... he-project

Thanks