Arduino ESP-IDF version error

DominykasPiko

Arduino ESP-IDF version error

Postby DominykasPiko » Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:04 am

Hello,
I am trying to configure my ESP-IDF project on VSCode to have arduino component. I used "ESP-IDF: Add Aeduino ESP32 as ESP-IDF component" command to add arduino component, I am using ESP-IDF v4.4, but after building my project with newly added component, I get this error:

ERROR: Because project depends on idf (>=5.1) which doesn't match any versions, version solving failed.

Can someone explain what is the problem and how to fix it ? How does my project depends on idf 5.1, when it was created on esp-idf v4.4. ?

liaifat85

Re: Arduino ESP-IDF version error

Postby liaifat85 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:40 pm

This error indicates a version conflict between the ESP-IDF (Espressif IoT Development Framework) versions specified in your project. The error specifically mentions a dependency on IDF (Espressif IDF) version 5.1, which is not compatible with the ESP-IDF v4.4 that you're using.

salmawisoky

Postby salmawisoky » Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:42 am

The error message you encountered indicates that the Arduino component you added to your ESP-IDF project has a dependency on a newer version of the ESP-IDF (IDF 5.1 or higher) than the version you are currently using (ESP-IDF v4.4). This dependency conflict is causing the version solving to fail.

DominykasPiko

Postby DominykasPiko » Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:13 am

Yeah, It seems that current arduino component depends on esp-idf >5.1, but documentation is not up to date, because it states that idf should be 4.4 or lower. Updating esp-idf to current version fixed this problem

ESP_Minatel

Postby ESP_Minatel » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:28 am

Hi,
If you are using the Arduino from the master, now on the 3.0.0-alpha, the required ESP-IDF is the v5.1, however, the 3.0.0 is not released yet as a final and stable version, so the documentation is still on the Arduino core 2.0.14, with the ESP-IDF v4.4.

The documentation will be updated when the 3.0.0 will be released.