Esp32 UDP voice receive

YudhaK

Esp32 UDP voice receive

Postby YudhaK » Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:22 am

Sorry, I'm new to the Espressif board. I am new to the world of chip programming. I'm making a school bell application project with schedule settings via Android using UDP and MQTT wifi networks. everything is running. but I want to add 1 feature, because I see that there is still a lot of storage space on my esp. i want to add voice feature which is sent from android to esp via UDP. so that it can be used for announcements at school. I have got the Android coding. but haven't coded the esp device yet. is there any discussion on this that I have missed. if there is, can anyone show it. Or can someone give me the code instructions. for the direction and time and I really thank you

tempo.tian

Re: Esp32 UDP voice receive

Postby tempo.tian » Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:37 am

If you are using customized protocol.
First you need decide which voice data format to trasmit, raw pcm data or encoded data aac etc.
Then add a simple protocol header to avoid data parse wrong.
If use encoded data, you need find decoder to decode it out then send the pcm data to codec to output.
If use pcm data, data can be send to codec directly.
You can use https://components.espressif.com/compon ... _codec_dev to use common codec to play voice out.

Agree007

Postby Agree007 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:48 pm

If you want to send real audio from the phone to the esp32 using udp, you will have a lot of work to do.

If you want to send a udp datagram (text msg) to the esp32 you can use a Text-To-Spech (TTS) library to play it to a speaker 😉

YudhaK

Postby YudhaK » Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:53 pm

I saw a mit extension that can send voice from android via udp wifi network. and I also tried android to android, it worked. well, that's where I thought to do from android to my esp32. the extension is mit http://kio4.com/appinventor/299J_extens ... io_UDP.htm

if that's not possible. I will switch to adding an external microphone with an additional relay. Sorry, I'm new. Thank You. Greetings from Indonesia.