Analog video input

saruhan

Analog video input

Postby saruhan » Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:47 pm

Hello

I have Car rear camera and I need take cam video from rear camera.
It is analog camera. Is it possible taking video from analog camera?

ESP_Sprite

Re: Analog video input

Postby ESP_Sprite » Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:46 am

If you need to ask, the answer likely is 'no'. (Technically I'm sure it's possible, but it requires some external hardware and a fair bit of complicated software to be written.)

saruhan

Postby saruhan » Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:52 am

Thank you for answer.
Which component/circuit/shield use Can I take video analog camera? If you know please advice me.

Best regards.

ESP_Sprite

Postby ESP_Sprite » Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:20 am

I don't think you understand me. You'd need to write the software to make it work yourself, and if you were capable of doing that, you wouldn't have an issue with component selection and wouldn't have to ask this.

rudi ;-)

Postby rudi ;-) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:34 pm

hi saruhan

saruhan wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:47 pm
I have Car rear camera and I need take cam video from rear camera.
do you have more info about the camera you want use?
likely possible manufacturer / resolution's - .. 720x576, 352x288, 320x240, 160x120 ..
likely framerate example 60fs, 50fs, 30fs, 25fs ...
saruhan wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:47 pm
It is analog camera. Is it possible taking video from analog camera?
analog camera - so we talk about composite video signals
yes principle it is possible - it is dependent of your use case, what you want do with the video / picture.
if you want record video or stream or capture parts on specific time interval ( timer ) and so on.
also is it dependent of your tools ( solder iron ) and your knowledge for understanding whats going on with code.

at first i would ask, which microcontroller you want use for it, i hope an esp ? ;)
secondly, how you want program it? c code, arduino or anything else ?
i would try at first to get a single picture from your camera with a specific size.
after this, you can do this again and again in a loop..
after this you can append this pics to sequence of picture, which you format then to a video.
you can use example a (frame_buffer) mjpeg streamer .. does this thing say to you more?
if you never heard from no problem - we all start at basic.

warning: video processing needs power. so is it dependents to your "project" what you want do with all, how successful it will be at the end.
ready?

best wishes
rudi ;-)

edit: add
saruhan wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:52 am
Which component/circuit/shield use Can I take video analog camera? If you know please advice me.
if you want use a ready component out of the box ( esp-idf ? ) then you have to code it firstly by self like ESP_Sprite wrote.
ADC examples helps in first steps.
a circuit, you mean a pcb on a specific shematic? you want build your own pcb for it with chinch fo video in and socket for the microcontroller? shield to buy? or do you want build your own? do you did a pcb in the past? if so - so steps are more easy then.

from this CAN post i think you have the knowledge to be successful in this CAR rear video camera.
have a look to this "Video Experimenter shield" - is this the thing you did think on / what you want to do?

the keyword is composite video shield if you want do video overlay processing perhabs distance measurements and overlay text to your read video stream - there are overlay shields lilewise this
for capture, you need shield for video in

last but not least ( edit )
read in in the theme ADC - you will need it.
-------------------------------------
love it, change it or leave it.
問候飛出去的朋友遍全球魯迪

saruhan

Postby saruhan » Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:05 am

Hello

Thank you for answer.
Actually, I developed a IoT system . ESP32 + Android app + ESP32 Cam.

This system works perfectly. But We have a problem about Waterproff in ESP32 Cam.

We try installed ESP32 Cam in Car rear area. We didnt install ESP32 cam about Dimension, shape and waterproff.
So I think that I should use standart, cheap alago cameras for install and use in car rear area.

I bought a camera from a turkish shopping site. : https://urun.n11.com/arka-gorus-kameras ... P386065525

it is waterproff.
Resolution: 480 TV
Chipset :PC7070
NTSC video output: NTSC Video çıkışı: 1.0Vp-P.750hm
Optic :Mercek: 1.8mm F = 2.0
FPS :Unknown.

it is good take pics every 0,5 sec. it is enough.

I want to take video or pics from alaog camera and broadcast a straem. I will take and see stream in Android app.

I use ESP32 microcontroller. But doesnt matter it may be esp8266.
320x240 resolution is enough.

Thank you for advance.

rudi ;-)

Postby rudi ;-) » Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:41 pm

hi saruhan

u are welcome,
( info for thinking over )
are you fixed to use esp32 / esp8266 or do you can use esp32-s2 / esp32-s3 also esp32-c3 / esp32-c6
the reason is, that this SoC's supports USB Host, only for info: you can use then a (USB) rear camera on USB basis
and connect it to the USB Host of S2/S3 .. C3/C6
saruhan wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:05 am
Actually, I developed a IoT system . ESP32 + Android app + ESP32 Cam.
This system works perfectly. But We have a problem about Waterproff in ESP32 Cam.
We try installed ESP32 Cam in Car rear area. We didnt install ESP32 cam about Dimension, shape and waterproff.
perfect - you are talented so there i see no problem for you to do this successful at the end.
what about thinking to place the esp32 cam modul in a modification case which is then waterproof?
i can image that the case perhabs will be bigger - and you can not install like you want in the rear of the plate.
so you want use then this analog camera cause it is waterproofed in a case, i understand this so.
ok -
saruhan wrote:

So I think that I should use standart, cheap alago cameras for install and use in car rear area.

I bought a camera from a turkish shopping site. : https://urun.n11.com/arka-gorus-kameras ... P386065525

it is waterproff.
Resolution: 480 TV
Chipset :PC7070
NTSC video output: NTSC Video çıkışı: 1.0Vp-P.750hm
Optic :Mercek: 1.8mm F = 2.0
FPS :Unknown.
the chipset CMOS PC7070 is not bad, there is a datasheet of the preliminary CMOS PC 7070(k)
it is for orientation only how the cmos works and how the data protocoll/timing is based and should be enough to get pic from the CMOS PC7070, also perhabs you want mod the camera, there are wire strapping function possible example mirror / flicker / in-outdoor etc...

CMOS_PC7070-k_preliminary.pdf
(1.89 MiB) Downloaded 575 times

saruhan wrote:

it is good take pics every 0,5 sec. it is enough.
I want to take video or pics from alaog camera and broadcast a straem. I will take and see stream in Android app.
I use ESP32 microcontroller. But doesnt matter it may be esp8266.
320x240 resolution is enough.
2f/s should be possible doable -
you could first try to get a pic from this camera and then step by step force the project to your use case monitoring in Android app.
start with small pics saruhan, perhaps 160x120 ( or 80x60 ) and go step by step higher.
also start with monochrom 1bit per pixel picture and go step by step higher, to understand whats happend with the BIT, RGB, RGB888 and so on. for your streaming you can later use a MJPEG streamer code...

for the composite way you can use example LM1881 Video sync Separator or better. The LM1881 Video sync separator extracts timing information including composite and vertical sync,burst or back porch timing, and odd and even field information from standard negative going sync NTSC,PAL and SECAM video signals with amplitude from 0.5-V to 2-V p-p.

the typical block diagram is likewise this:

LM1881 Video Sync Separator_typical-connection-diagram_workflow.png
LM1881 Video Sync Separator_typical-connection-diagram_workflow.png (91.35 KiB) Viewed 14028 times

does this helps for the first moment?
a secondly info:

you see on the CMOS PC7070(k) diagram near composite way - also a parallel way.
this would be an other way to get pics data from this camera.
i prefer to you, first try to go over composite way - so the waterproof case must be not opened.
Block-Diagram.jpg
Block-Diagram.jpg (126.74 KiB) Viewed 14028 times

more keywords that you should look at would then be:

- ADC
- INTerrupting ( VSync, HSync )

parallelmode
- I2S

hope this helps for first steps

best wishes
rudi ;-)

edit: typo