Esp32 eclipse settings

AleGiaco

Esp32 eclipse settings

Postby AleGiaco » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:16 pm

Hello

I'm having some issues programming esp32. The warning say "Detected size(4096k) larger than the size in the binary image header(2048k). Using the size in the binary image header.". Now, I know the problem is that a wrong parameter is configured, but I'm a newbie with Eclipse and I don't know where to go to set it correctly. Same thing goes for the partitions file, I have to set "partitions two ota" but i don't know how do it.

I look forward to your replies and I thank you in advance for your help.

nvannote

Re: Esp32 eclipse settings

Postby nvannote » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:01 am

AleGiaco wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:16 pm
I'm having some issues programming esp32. The warning say "Detected size(4096k) larger than the size in the binary image header(2048k). Using the size in the binary image header.". Now, I know the problem is that a wrong parameter is configured, but I'm a newbie with Eclipse and I don't know where to go to set it correctly.

For the first item; it's a warning that the flash image doesn't specify the real size of your flash.

Either with "idf.py menuconfig" (in your project directory) -or- within Eclipse double click the "sdkconfig" file (assuming you have the graphical SDK Configuration editor installed)...

Select the "Serial flasher config" item and change the setting "Flash size" to "4 MB" (In your case).

For your second item: There is also a config section for "Partition Table" that deals with this; but I will let someone that has done this address the specifics regarding that.

Regards

AleGiaco

Postby AleGiaco » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:21 pm

Thank you for the reply!

I downloaded the sdk configurator and the other tools, but when I try to open the sdkconfig file it says: "Error retrieving output from the JSON configuration server, please check the console" and the console shows nothing.
Maybe it can help to know that it is a project that I am importing from visual studio with Visualgdb.

Regards

AleGiaco

Postby AleGiaco » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:28 am

Hi,

I solved the problem installing esp-idf 4.1 version!

Regards