esp32-s3-box-delivered.jpg
ESP32-S3-Box
AI voice interaction
esp32-s3-box-delivered.jpg (287.92 KiB) Viewed 9674 times

ESP32-S3-Box is here!
2021-Nov-12
done!

The joy is great.

Espressif really surprised me with this package. I knew almost nothing. I just knew an S3 box was coming.
That it is the announced AI voice interaction with Voice wake up and Offline CN & EN command recognition with Far-field voice interaction - I had no clue.

As always - community comes first - and I don't want to withhold that from you either:

ESP32-S3-BOX with AI voice interaction is on my table today :) if you would see my eyes - they are wet with joy - waited a long time for this moment - and --and - yes - it's waver revision 1 - at least that says espefuse.
Rev1.png
ESP32-S3-REV-1
Rev1.png (23.11 KiB) Viewed 9674 times

Now I'm going to test everything. But first - make a FW backup. And at first glance - it won't be so easy this time, just quickly "hash" the FW - or will it? -- Let's see :) there are a few hurdles and that's a good thing.

The pre-preview was showing at espressif's twitter channel by John Lee and it will be all open source - Yes. Everything is gonna be open source: codes, documentation, PCB, schematics, BOM, 3D case, etc

It’s based on ESP-IDF plus many other frameworks: ESP-RainMaker, ESP-Skainet, etc… says John

John wrote that it would be announced on Espressif pages soon. So that's here a little before the premiere - as always :)
( later more )

Thank you Espressif !!!
Best wishes
rudi ;-)

ps: i will update the post with more infos time to time

edit 2021-Nov-12:
so here is a spontaneous Testing out of the Box with a lot Fun character : ESP32-S3-BOX from Espressif Systems
the video is also uploaded to YT

edit 2021-Nov-12:
here is the github repo to the ESP32-S3-BOX

ESP-BOX Developer Guide

ESP-BOX is a new generation AIoT application development kits released by Espressif Systems, powered by Espressif ESP32-S3 SoC, supporting AI acceleration and Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 5 (LE) wireless functions. ESP-BOX has a built-in 2.4-inch LCD capacitive touch screen, dual microphones, a speaker, and dual Pmod™ compatible expansion interfaces. With the out-of-the-box voice wake-up and voice recognition functions, as well as Espressif's open-source development framework and examples, developers can create various interesting AIoT applications better and faster.

SHARE::CONNECT::INNOVATE
-------------------------------------
love it, change it or leave it.
問候飛出去的朋友遍全球魯迪

rudi ;-)

Re: ESP32-S3-BOX AI voice interaction

Postby rudi ;-) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:01 pm

hi folks,

there is an own ESP-BOX Forum here for the ESP32-S3-BOX, where you find further infos. Also 3D Files now merged in the github.
include is
  • 1_DOCK_20211011.STEP
  • 1_Frame_20211119.STEP
  • 1_Main_Body_20211119.STEP
attached as history file
3D_NPI_2.zip
(984.53 KiB) Downloaded 1151 times

The ESP32-S3-BOX works out of the box fantastic.
The Firmware got an update. Check the ESP-BOX Github

best wishes
rudi ;-)
love it, change it or leave it.
問候飛出去的朋友遍全球魯迪