Help with Makefile to Gzip javascript file and include into Project using vscode

Ravenholem

Help with Makefile to Gzip javascript file and include into Project using vscode

Postby Ravenholem » Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:11 pm

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone could help me out as I am pretty lost on how to achieve what I need.
I am developing a IOT type device and compress my Javascript files with Gzip and embed them into my firmware.
My issue is always remembering to gzip the javascript files when they have had changes made because I might be editing many different source files and it slips my mind to gzip javascript files.

I wanted to try and automate this part by having the gzip erased and a new one made with the current javascript .js file
I know I should be able to do something like this with cmake but I'm using the VScode IDF extension I have no idea where to even start.
I tried to fiddle with the MakeFile in the projects Directory and just have it output some text to see if that was the place I needed to start. I did not see any text output so I don't know if it was just not working or is cleared during the build process.

I really appreciate any help that someone is willing to throw at me.

MicroController

Re: Help with Makefile to Gzip javascript file and include into Project using vscode

Postby MicroController » Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:18 pm