esp_event_loop_delete_default() vTaskDelete does not response (INFINITE LOOP STATE)

josueS

esp_event_loop_delete_default() vTaskDelete does not response (INFINITE LOOP STATE)

Postby josueS » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:11 pm

Hi everyone, I am testing the pppos_client example from esp-idf v4.2 . I am changing a little bit the structure of the code but without affecting the functionality. I say this because I already have a project structured in a different way but running the same behavior as the example.

I was trying to close ppp connection and start it again, so for that, I needed to use esp_event_loop_delete_default() to clean s_default_loop variable that host the loop which notifies esp IP_EVENTS events related with PPP automatically, this in order to use esp_event_loop_create_default() again to establish ppp initial configurations (nic attachment and so on).

My problems is that when using "esp_event_loop_delete_default()", having already used esp_event_loop_create_default, my program gets stuck at "esp_event_loop_delete_default()" specifically in the vTaskDelete(loop->task) function, inside of itself.

I would like to know if there is any correct way or order to use this function, because even if y run esp_event_loop_create_default() and esp_event_loop_delete_default() consecutively, my program gets stuck.

Thanks so much for your comments and help.

Dansen

Re: esp_event_loop_delete_default() vTaskDelete does not response (INFINITE LOOP STATE)

Postby Dansen » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:20 am

Hello !

its been some time since you asked your question.

I'm facing the same problem. Did you manage to solve that problem?

greetings