Building hfp_ag example on adafruit's ESP32 feather

jpowen

Building hfp_ag example on adafruit's ESP32 feather

Postby jpowen » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:01 am

I am trying to get the hfp_ag example under bluedroid working on this dev board https://www.adafruit.com/product/3405

My goal is to get it to connect to a pair of headphones and be able to simultaniously transmit audio data to the headset and recieve audio data from the microphone on the headphones.

I've been tinkering with menuconfig settings trying to get things to work, and I have been struggling to get the headphones to establish an audio connection. I got the service level connection working, but everytime I type "hf cona;" to establish the audio connection it disconnects the audio connection immediately. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or how to fix this problem?

Terminal Output:

Code: Select all

E (8859) CNSL: Command [hf cona;]
Connect Audio
I (8859) BT_APP_HF: APP HFP event: AUDIO_STATE_EVT
I (8859) BT_APP_HF: --Audio State connecting
E (8879) BT_BTM: btm_sco_connected, handle 180
I (8879) BT_APP_HF: APP HFP event: AUDIO_STATE_EVT
I (8879) BT_APP_HF: --Audio State connected
I (8879) BT_APP_HF: APP HFP event: AUDIO_STATE_EVT
I (8889) BT_APP_HF: --Audio State disconnected

searock35

Re: Building hfp_ag example on adafruit's ESP32 feather

Postby searock35 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:40 pm

Hi jpowen,
I may have had this problem just recently. To fix it, I went into the sdkconfig file and changed the parameter "BR/EDR Sync(SCO/eSCO) Max Connections" to a number greater than 0 (Component config -> bluetooth controller). I would guess that this number determines the number of concurrent audio connections allowable at one time. If you already tried this, then I'm out of ideas :(

Searock